Friday, February 13, 2009

Housecleaning

Today I have to clean my apartment. That's not really that cool. I'm not the cleanest person out there. I'm pretty close to the bottom.

My first freshman year in college, I lived in an assisted living facility, or dormitory. The guy next door was the filthiest human being on the planet. He was a living sweathog. At one point, his closet became a pile of trash. His roommate, who looked like a skinny kid wearing a fat suit, was always busy asking for kisses from his girlfriend.



So, the guy at one point went three weeks without a shower. This is three weeks of going to bad punk shows, playing basketball in the rec center, and sweating in Arizona heat. I saw him make a crust punk gag. I saw stink waft off his flesh, float like plasma into the air, and kill a bumblebee. He smelled like an Indian Landfill on fire.

So, we took the case to the authorities, the RAs.



The RAs demanded that he took a shower. Instead of feeling embarassed, he explained calmly that he would take a shower, but he didn't have the right shampoo. He offered the terms of his surrender, someone going out and buying him shampoo. It had to specifically be shampoo for greasy hair.



That's him with his brothers. He's in the middle. How can three people look so different and all be so ugly?

So ya, I think today's a cool day to clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment